Saturday 27 October 2018

what can I say

An obvious lack of blog posts doesn't mean I haven't been out....I haven't been out much and had little time to blog about it.

But then Wednesday that all changed, I could have made late night slot to report on it, but with the little darling re-appearing today I tried to grab a shot.

So Wednesday 24th October, I arrived in the West lay-by Sandford side, by the yellow gate, moments before I'd debated in my mind if I'd do the car park field for a late stab at a flyover Ring Ouzel, but opted for a Sandford check for ducks.

As I reached down to tie up the laces on walking boots, a Yellow-browed Warbler called loudly and was clearly not 70 feet away. This amused me a great deal, having worked my but off 5 years ago trying to find my first. And now my second didn't wait for me to get my jacket on.

It continued called nearby and I'd barely got poor views of it in the Willow by the Oak nearest to the lay-by, before I put calls out to a few regulars then pushed out the 'mega' WhatsApp message. Brian arrived and after just a few minutes of anxiety it began calling again, then showed in full view for a minute in a Hawthorn by the dead Alders up the path slightly.

It kept others waiting, before vanishing until Derek arrived and heard it over by Sandford Copse. here it got more mobile and then returned to it's original Willow.

Today it was back - obviously never left in fact, but today I got precious records shots unparalleled in birding circles....



No comments:

Post a Comment