Tuesday 30 October 2018

7 days later

I saw the Yellow-browed briefly on Saturday, but had little time and with the work party the next day, followed by family commitments, I've had no further chances.

During the work party a group of c70+ Fieldfare went NW, a Green Sandpiper flew over.

Well saying that I went yesterday to help my good friend AJ, but could not stay before it showed again, there was a Chiffchaff lurking too, Water Rail calling nearby. Right on school pick up Trevor called to bring my attention to Roger's picture of a Curlew at Lea Farm Lake. "Aaaaargh, I'm on my way" I said deserting my wife, running home with the shopping and heading there.

Barely 20 minutes later and I'm watching a fairly comfortable looking at a lovely Curlew on the East bank slightly back beyond the track. A Peregrine was chased by Lapwing and headed off East, a female Goldeneye was my first this autumn.




Until this morning, so I arrived early and had a stab for Great White Egret, first at Teal scrape, then John joined me for Lea Farm Lake - we now call it 'Lake' instead of G.P. so now I'll be using 'LFL' as the acronym.

4 Little Egrets went over towards DP, a Peregrine over low and landed in the big Alder in the NW corner, no Curlew though. A smattering of Shoveler, Teal and the same female Goldeneye.

Back down to Sandford and it wasn't long before the Yellow-browed Warbler was calling loudly above our heads in the usual Willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment