Thursday 8 October 2015

Patch envy

My good friend Adam 'patches' Little Marlow GP's and generally picks up a few more gems than we do each year, it is probably mostly down to the site being right on the Thames, but also that he is a top birder. So when reported a stunning male Hen Harrier a day or so ago, I was rather envious.

Back on the patch I have been busy with work stuff, so little time, jut the odd 30 mins here and there, as it happens yesterday 8 large gulls went over SE to the South of the park and I pretty sure they were Great Black-backed. Also yesterday, Brian had a late Reed Warbler and today he had a proper late Hobby low over BSL. I'll do the late Hobby records later, or tomorrow, but it is not the latest.....if you believe the historical records, some I believe, several I don't.

Anyway 87 for October is level with 2007 and leaves us only 4 more to get to level 2011's third place of 91, making the highest of 93 not seem very far away at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment