Saturday 10 October 2015

Expecting more

I was out around 10:15 yesterday, but the darn fog still hadn't lifted and with only an hour and half, just 20 minutes was clear. One Water Rail calling quietly, plus 7 Snipe visible on Tern scrape, with 3 bird dropping onto LFGP shortly after. Under 10 Meadow Pipit, 1 Siskin, 1 Skylark, 1 Coal Tit heard. Several Pied Wagtail went over high, but it frustrates me we don't get more wagtails on the deck, at least inviting the idea a good one could be found.

After the fog had lifted I picked up a distant Peregrine circling beyond the landfill and I mean far beyond it.

The vocal Cetti's count is at least 3 on Lavell's.

Today at 08:00 it was almost without mist, but the cold NE breeze was not expected and as I'd chosen to go out without a jacket, was pretty much freezing after two hours.

11 Redwing went NW over the landfill, 1-2 further singles, just 1-2 Mipits, 1 probably 2 Coal Tit, 5 Blackbird carefully checked for Ring Ouzel, 1 Blackcap, 2 Chiffchaff, quite nice was a group of 5 Lesser Redpoll in the scrub left of Lea Farm, joined by 6 more as they flew SW across the landfill, 2 Grey Wagtail also went over high.

At Bittern hide, 1 Little Grebe, I didn't count the ducks.

I was expecting more bird on the move, especially with the cold clear conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment