Tuesday 5 May 2015

Waiting on 'that wader day'

All weekend I kept watching the weather updates...."yep that front is coming in Sunday night and by Monday we will have some good passage".

Not quite as exciting as hoped for, but at least we got 2 Dunlin, a pair of Shelduck, 3 Shoveler, a pair + an extra male and 35+ Sand Martin.



Tern and/or wader passage could still be ongoing on such a day, we shall just have to see what unfolds.

So far not a lot more has happened, but 50+ Swift over BSL in the now very blustery conditions were nice and appeared to be enjoying the wind.

As I got back to my car and had packed my scope away, I picked up 2 small waders with my bins, going over the landfill East, they may have been LRP's, or the Dunlin seen this morning, but it they were just too far away to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment