Monday 4 May 2015

Stop - Start

It remained cold in the mornings until Sunday, but few birds were worth mentioning, the last Teal left Sunday, a pair of Shoveler were in the SW corner, Little Egret has been seen daily for the past few days. A few more Swift 10+ Sunday, 15+ today.

At 07:16 I picked up 2 pointed winged, fast flapping 'unknowns' heading SE but already too far away to be sure, could have been waders, could have been feral pigeons, but my guts say waders and this time of year most likely wader even vagely like that would be Grey Plover!...we'll never know.

Back in the car park and Nick called me over on arrival, he had a female Redstart in the left hand corner, all to brief and up until the time I am writing had not been seen ((13:40), but Marek has just refound it....I'm so happy for him ;0)

Perhaps I'll try and get a picture!

Failed due to the mobility of the bird, so a link to Marek's will have to do.

Female Redstart car park field by Marek

No comments:

Post a Comment