Sunday 7 September 2014

Stamp of approval

Arriving at 07:30 at LFGP, I was admiring the great work done by Lee and trying to get shots of the Green and Common Sandpiper in our newly dug SW corner, when a Bar-tailed Godwit wandered past my field of view...."blimey, I said to myself that shouldn't be there".

Various calls and texts later and I reeled off 100 iphone shots, about 3-5 are about in focus, 10, or so are passable records shots in the grey flat light, but I've put the 18 best up here.



















During the excitement, 3 Raven went over East calling and no doubt remain local, 4 more Meadow Pipit went over NW as I left the car park.

When I returned to site to chat with Lee about the final parts of work, the Bar-tailed Godwit flew back in and seemed very reluctant to leave...if that isn't a stamp of approval I don't know what is!

Just 3 of the 11 records are in September, this and the May 2008 individuals are the only ones to stay, the May bird was 17th & 18th. 2 of the old records are unconfirmed, 2/17th March 1988 (OU) and 32/1st August 1996 (BU), were probably Black-tailed based on date.

No comments:

Post a Comment