Friday 12 September 2014

It might appear quiet, but it's worth a closer look

Chatting on the sailing club beach this morning, it felt a bit quiet, a Common Sandpiper flew in, a few hirundines went East, Chiffchaff called, but not much else was happening.

Then Marek left and I went to the bottom of the car park field, seeing 2 wagtails that were almost certainly Yellow heading East, but without calling. I was overlooking the landfill and within moments I had a Wheatear and seconds after a Whinchat landed on the doc next to it, even having a quick squabble. Barely in view I went to call Richard who had gone off around the sailing club car park, then found his text saying Spotted Flycatcher near the MAC/DAC, or whatever they want to call it now.

Richard joined me, 20 seconds after a Crow had flushed both birds and after 25 mins, we had to concede they had disappeared.

We went off towards the sailing club and I had a pair of Mistle Thrush over low East, after a little search we re-found the Spotted Flycatcher next to the first compound on the left, but it was mobile and we couldn't keep on it.

A good few more groups of hirundines went E/SE then I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment