Wednesday 20 August 2014

Unprecedented Mistle Thrush count

I was not around today, but Brian sent a text saying he had 18 Mistle Thrush on the landfill, a record by a country mile. The only other big count was of 13 on 1997, with most high counts not exceeding 3 in any years, although 6 on 29th 2011, was also notable.

I am compiling a list of escapees, just for fun really, after my good friend AJ told me yesterday that he too had a Ringed Teal in 1984, this time a male 9th & 10th Oct.

The Dunlin remains on LFGP and another Wheatear on the landfill.

My early evening update is that a juvenile Wheatear, was on the vents visible from the bottom of the car park field, but from right of where we normally view from. Also looking over towards the far landfill, left of the farm itself, at least 4 of the Mistle Thrush were visible, suggesting the whole flock was still present.

No comments:

Post a Comment