Saturday 30 August 2014

Hirundines a plenty

I hope to get out again later, but my wife's driving lesson was at 08:00 so I had to be back before that, so with just 20 mins free I checked the car park field and am beginning to think we are not going to get a Redstart.

Over the sailing club was 1 Swift and over BSL and DP in general was possibly near 1000 House Martin & Swallow. 1 then a 2 Grey Wagtail were on the beach.

And the update from 10:01 is that an immature Redstart was found in the central enclosure of the car park field by Brian, Trevor & Geoff. Not so many good shots so far, but here is what I have;




Then Geoff collapsed and we needed to call an ambulance, just before it arrived at 10:20 I was standing roadside when 6 Yellow Wagtail went over SE at about 150 feet. We think Geoff is okay and wish him the best.

I have calculated there are at least 7 more species that we have a fair to good chance of getting in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment