Friday 25 April 2014

Update and month so far

After seeing the White Stork, later got out again and did half an hour skywatching in the car park field, Derek and I picked up Hobby and Peregrine over Lavell's and Lea Farm landfill, around 14:30-45.

Today I bumped into Burt and Brian at Bittern Hide where we sat for about an hour, not really seeing much, afew Swallows, more on Sandford plus 6+ House Martin.

I was hopeful something magical might happen, another good wader, a Sandwich Tern, but sadly there have only been 2 confirmed sightings in April 7th 1985 and 8th 1989. If anyone knows who claimed the 4 on 7th 1996, let me know.

So the park year is on 116, April total so far is 102, =6th highest.with 2011

114 is the highest in 2013, 2nd is 111 in 2003, 3rd is 104 in 06', 08' & 12', finally 101 in 2007.

Month wise I am amazed we haven't had more Shelduck, but the month total is down because few wintering species lingered into April, no Wigeon, no Redwing, or Fieldfare, anyone had Siskin?

It's not too late for a Garganey, or an Osprey, but I will be trying to get Linnet tomorrow on the NW fringes of the park up where Sandford Lane meets Mohawk Way, I saw 3 flying North from Sandford Park yesterday and think they are local.

No comments:

Post a Comment