Tuesday 18 February 2014

Red Crested Pochard

After a swift car park walk I decided a very quick look over BSL was worth it, before I got to the 'beach' I scanned the visible part of the West side of the lake, only to see a pair of Red Crested Pochard nearby in front. They were swimming into the right hand corner and I moved to the bridge for record shots.





















A couple of dogs barked and they spooked off towards the South bay, but I picked them up again in the West bay, where others quickly came and saw them.

The last Red Crested Pochard was 20th September 2012 (Mike Hunt) last February bird 1st to 6th 2007 on WSL, the only other February bird was 19th 2002.

May have heard Grey Wagtail call once while stood there, 5 Greylag came in and while I was driving in, a Little Egret was keeping company with Grey Heron on Sandford's flooded West path.

No comments:

Post a Comment