Friday 30 August 2013

Redstart individuals

After checking my record shots, I went back mid afternoon and got several new shots and am pretty sure, 1 of todays birds is new, possibly 2.

I felt the male today was much brighter, but my photo yesterday was so poor, I cannot be sure. I included my fun shot of this one landing, even if it is rather out of focus, capturing it with an iphone camera amuses me at least.

The other bird I am sure about as new today, looks quite like the bird on the 28th, with a feathers in the top of the breast ruffled and appearing grey. This bird looks rather grey around the head in most of my shots, but buffer in others, this may be a juvenile male.

A female, or juvenile female that was here yesterday, is here today.

So I think we have had a minimum of 5 since the 28th.





This may be male 3!?





Adult male bottom left, ? top right



No comments:

Post a Comment