Wednesday 20 March 2013

Migrants 'flood' in

Ah, spring is here....yeah right, more like get ready for even more serious flooding as we brace ourselves for even more rain and another work party flooded off.
Despite all this on a very grey cold Wednesday, Gray called me whilst I was shopping to say 5-6 Sand Martin were at LFGP, the first for the year, so as soon as I could I shot down and around 17:00 I was watching at least 5 moving around the lake, keeping low no doubt trying to find insects to survive. As I scanned I found a Redshank asleep on the East bank only visible as a Redshank when a Lapwing made it move for a moment.
For fun I grabbed a shot of this and for even more fun, tried to get a pic of a passing Sand Martin, here are my results;


I was only one day out on my Sand Martin prediction date, but 5 out on Redshank. But a new March high count of 97 with various other species to expect, means lots of fun to come.














Also tonight 20 Pied Wagtail on the East lake edge, Little Grebe nearby, keeping an eye out for other pipits.


No comments:

Post a Comment