Friday 29 March 2013

Another Pheasant in garden

Yesterday I was pretty busy with my family, but it was a good morning....the usual male Blackcap was around from 07:30, plus all the other regular Goldfinch, Greenfinch, 5-6 Chaffinch, etc, etc.

After dropping my son to nursery and wife to shops I dashed home to change for a walk to LFGP, but on arrival found a male Pheasant on the side wall, which soon moved to the roof of the shed.

3 Pheasants in 2 years














I had a coffee admiring the Pheasant and looked over to the feeders, as I have posted before, we have had regular Lesser Redpolls, but this time a pale bird sat on the sunflower hearts, on inspection it was an obvious Mealy, either female or 1st winter male. I had my scope but tripod in the car, so tried to position 2 kitchen chairs to balance the scope, but too late as the bird had vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment