Thursday 16 August 2012

Black Tern

Driving along the road East of the landfill, I noticed the corvids up and immediately saw a Peregrine swooping low over the fields. I continued to BSL and found 4 Swift overhead and then got onto a lone tern moving quickly North, but dissappearing behind the tall poplars. Doubling back over the footbridge, I got onto it again briefly as it headed off NE over the East end of the landfill, but well enough to identify it as a juvenile Black Tern, my 129th species for the year. Alan texted to say another Greenshank was at LFGP, so I headed off there with Richard and Tony, as we came thru the outer gate, we just caught sight of the Peregrine again, heading SW. The Greenshank was in the NE corner. Not a bad visit for just 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment