Tuesday 1 May 2012

Terns everywhere but here

Amid fairly serious flooding I had to drive all the way via Winnersh to get to BSL and viewed from the fishermans car park end for 20 mins, just 2 Common Terns on view in the murky post rainy conditions. I drove round to the sailing club and viewed for a further 40 mins, waiting and hoping a Black Tern would drop in as 8 were reported at Sonning Eye. It was not to be, just 4 Common Tern, although the 30+ Swift was a high count for the year so far. I did hear a Lesser Whitethroat somewhere along the gold course strip, but without wellies and the fact that the Emm Brook had breached the beach, this was not a route I would be taking today.
Yesterday I did a quick sortie around Lavell's 6 Common Tern, a Garden Warbler at the back of Tern meadow was about it. Later I finally uploaded the pics of a Common Sandpiper at LFGP on the 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment