Friday 29 March 2019

Catching up

A catch up on things, 10th March I had my earliest ever Sand Martins, 2 over Lea Farm Lake, the female Goosander was still gracing our waters 16th and my first Redshank that morning, 3 distant Fieldfare might be it for this winter, 1 more Sand Martin and a Pochard.

March 20th I had been out early that morning, but we'll never know if I just missed finding it, but happily it didn't matter because Jo did and I always love a Little Gull;



Sadly I did miss the Red-legged Partridge Geoff found perched on the hand rail of the new bridge at Teal scrape ditch outlet. Blackcap singing 22nd, 6 Little Egret over, 83 Shoveler, 1 Pochard.

23rd I was away all day and luckily again for me, Lea Farm's first Common Scoter stuck around til when I got there at 18:00.


I'm on a pitiful 93, the park hit 100 23rd March with Common Scoter, the first Wheatear dropping in later that day.

27th 30 Redwing SE of all directions, 7 Sand Martin prospecting the wall, 94 Shoveler Lavell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment