Monday 5 November 2018

Still riding the crest

I have been enjoying so much luck lately and I'm happy to say it still hasn't ended, Friday afternoon I came down to enjoy the late afternoon sun and head off to WSL, but on arrival the Yellow-browed Warbler was showing beautifully, close and in full view at it's favourite tree....It's not been seen since.

Then 07:30 Sunday morning I was out at Sandford again, when something told me to look up and my eyes were met with a fast moving raptor, before lifting my bins I thought Peregrine, but when I got in it, it was way too small and compact.... a Merlin moving very fast in from the North at about 250 feet, it arced over me and headed West over toward Bader Way and gone.

I had to look it up, it was my ninth and all of them since autumn 2009, my second this year with first being the male perched on the landfill 17th March.

I'm hoping to catch up with a white faced Athya, but instinct and research says it's just a Tufted Duck, but I'm going to keep looking for anything more I can add.

Even if I add nothing I can say this year is up there with the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment