Wednesday 1 June 2016

Post holiday re-identification

Before I came home, I visited 'Freedom Island', or Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat & Ecotourism Area, lying about 2-3 miles South of the Mall of Asia (MOA), facing Manila Bay.

Inside Freedom Island there are several pools, which can hold all sorts of nice things, rails, herons, egrets, waders, ducks and on this occasion, I heard a familiar wader call, but when I scoped it, I thought Ringed Plover, saying to myself "I think that's a country tick" and wrote it in my pad, getting a few shots too.




But something was bugging me and I looked it up this morning and this is in fact Charadrius dubius jerdoni, an Eastern for of Little-ringed Plover, isn't a beauty, what an eye ring and check out that pink on the bill, I guess it's called Jerdon's Little-ringed Plover.

No comments:

Post a Comment