Sunday 27 December 2015

Preparing for 2016

I got out for about 2 hours again today, I didn't cover as much ground as I had hoped, but got side tracked into checking Wigeon on Sandford, also finding the pair of Red Crested Pochard in the process.



I didn't count any of the ducks, but there were pretty big numbers of Gadwall and Wigeon present, still a good wedge on Lavell's, but much of the surface weed having been eaten, less and less ducks are there now. Teal and Shoveler, but no Pintail visible.

At Teal scrape, lots of Water Rail activity, but no Bittern for me still.

I am not quite on a count down to 2016, especially bearing in mind a year tomorrow I found 3 Bewick's Swans on LFGP. Not that I expect any repeats, but I last minute Woodcock, or Bittern has to be possible.

I do hope all 3 of unusual duck species are on for January 1st, as no one can be convince me that the Ferruginous having a ring makes it an escape, if it is present I shall be year ticking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment