Monday 12 January 2015

Slow progress

I can't remember if I even got out Friday, but Saturday was fairly non eventful in the morning, 6 Goldeneye (5m) on BSL, c100 Pochard there too, 95+ Teal on Lavell's. Out again near dusk and I picked up Kestrel to the West of Sandford Farm, presumably the same bird flew over Lavell's when I joined Marek in the hide after. Marek had Bittern at WSL arounf 16:00, so perhaps the Lavell's bird has gone there.

Sunday, I got out late for the bird walk,  before I arrived Richard texted to say Peregrine on the landfill, but it flew off before I could get to a viewing position. Treecreeper was seen all over the place, good views of Goldcrest were nice too.

The next year tick came opposite the green bridge in the form of Coal Tit calling in the large Christmas tree, but only briefly. Later Marek had 2 Raven, 80th species for park this year, then he had Peregrine, plus a few he was missing and I am on 72, 4 behind him!

No comments:

Post a Comment