Wednesday 23 July 2014

Dawn rewards

I woke early and headed out before sun up, arriving at LFGP by 05:00, the mist was hanging over the NE corner and landfill, making a nice first shot for the day.


I noticed that there was a good number of Mallard on the lake in front and to the left, I took a distance shot, but before I could count them they all departed East, I estimate there was at least 70.


Then a male Kingfisher kept landing on the cross bars in front of the hide, so managed a few okay shots.










It left and came back and I decided to try and grab a few video clips.



I was scanning with my bins and picked up a Black-tailed Godwit (Islandica) circling in at 05:47, it landed on the shingle island and promptly went to sleep. I nice year tick to get back after missing Linda's on the 2nd. I also got my next year tick prediction bang on, albeit 5 days later than hoped!







Finally, a Roe Deer crept up in front of the hide for a few moments, before being chased off by a male.






No comments:

Post a Comment