Wednesday 8 January 2014

Kittiwake reported in Theale....was I right after all?

So after doubting myself, with the news of an adult at Theale today, more or less confirms that I did have one yesterday. Whilst I forgot to mention that it was an adult, what caught my eye at the time was the lack of white in the wing tips and the reason why I went for my scope.....having broken my own rule of never going into the field without a scope.

Anyway, I can't be absolutely 100%, but I am fairly sure it was one and I was being dismissive at the time.

Also off patch was reports of Crane in Theale which might show up? And a Two-barred Crossbill....heard only, but ID'd on call! Well Mr Gent, with Berksbirds no longer allowing searches of individuals past reports, you are either a top birder, or deluded, let's wait and see which it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fraser!

    We've met last year while we found the Bittern at Dinton, could you tell me what the water is like at Dinton? Is it still good to get around, e.g. not too flooded?
    Best wishes!
    Ayla

    ReplyDelete