Friday 7 June 2013

Utter contempt for wildlife and nesting birds

As  I walked down the Loddon, I could hear the breaking of branches, then saw the resident gardener and another person pulling at the huge stick pile created last year, showing no regard for wildlife and nesting birds.





But to my horror as I walked back I could see they had decided that was too much hard work and just set alight to it, flames rising 20+ feet into the trees, note the Alder either side which often has Great Spotted Woodpecker and Treecreeper nesting in them.




I am speechless with anger at the contempt for nature and just wish there was a proper law against this mindless action, when they could have done this in February, even March and it probably wouldn't have hurt, but even then maybe Hedgehogs might have been in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment