Wednesday 26 December 2012

More staying Goosander from 17th

I had believed, but not checked that the 17th's 2 Redhead Goosander on BSL had gone, as reports of 2 elsewhere and seeing 1 in flight going South along the Loddon from my car, was likely to be one of them departing. Seeing one from my car wasa cheeky sighting if I do say so myself.
So Richard and I are doing our loop and are at the BSL view point opposite the sailing club looking right up to South bay counting Goldeneye. Richard was pointing out Shoveler and scoping them picked up a redhead Goosander moving right to left behind, this bird had a pale chin. Moments later I found one to the right and we both felt it was too quick for the bird to be the same....but we couldn't see two. Steve saw both later and the next day and I am not sure they have left, but perhaps did due to all the flooding.
Need to go out and check flooded Mortimer's and elsewhere to check we don't have Pintail about, a Bittern at WSL that Steve found 24th is available since he saw it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment