Wednesday 26 September 2012

Quick visit

In just a 30 minute visit I had a pleasant walk, first at the sailing club car park, 3 Siskin over South, |Mistle Thrush over low East, so staying local, 2 Blackcap, 150 House Martin, at least 3 Sand Martin, Coal Tit by the old compound, plus 2-3 Chiffchaff.

Crossing the road to the car park field, I had a very quick look over the landfill, where 250-300 Swallow lingered, but most then got up together and headed off SE. A couple of Meadow Pipit went over, I heard the Ring-necked Parakeet, the Autumn's first Redwing was in the bottom hedgerow and then as I crossed the field back, I turned and saw a Spotted Flycatcher drop onto the top of the dead tree in the right hand corner, it stopped there just a couple of minutes and then dissappeared. I felt that other things are out there to find, but had to leave then.

No comments:

Post a Comment