Thursday 12 April 2012

Migration getting going

Brian Bennett texted to say the Med Gull was on Tern scrape late afternoon, so I popped down hoping for a better record shot, only to see it flying over East, then back North towards LFGP. I decided to do a loop of the car park field, turning up nothing, I thought I'd give BSL a one minute scan for Common Tern and hirundines. On the sailing club beach a Grey Wagtail and the first Common Sandpiper for the year, were foraging at the other end near the blue containers. Despite two ignorant dog walkers allowing their pets to chase the geese and swans, the bird remained long enough for Brian to get it and Trevor, but it had done a quick sortie to the main island, but returned just after I left. Prior to that 3 House Martin went thru, along with 2 Swallow and a small handful of Sand Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment